Outline of the Nursing course
This course aims to foster Science in Nursing is a four-year course that is ethically-centered, community-oriented, and global health-based.
The mission of the University of the Ryukyus Nursing course is to provide the healthcare community with competent nurses. Graduates of this course will be eligible to take the national licensure examination for nursing, midwifery, public health nursing and Yogo teacher, if they meet the eligibility requirements.
Upon successful completion of the degree in Nursing, the student can:
- Have knowledge, skills and attitudes as a nursing professional that respects life and has a rich humanity
- Have practical nursing skills based on health science
- Have professional skills to contribute the society by cooperating and collaborating with health care and welfare professionals
- Have flexible and independent thinking adapted to social changes, advancements, and diversifying of medical care
- Know nursing activities with a global perspective through interdisciplinary exchanges other countries
- Have research ability based on health science
Medical Technology course
Outline of the Medical Technology course
This course aims to foster science in medical technology is a four-year course that is ethically-centered, community-oriented, and globally health-based.
The mission of the University of the Ryukyus Medical Technology course is to provide the healthcare community with competent clinical laboratory technicians. Upon completion of the program, the graduate is eligible to take the national certification exam for medical technologists. Furthermore, students can qualify to take the examination to become health food managers upon completion of designated subtopics, such as health and food development, research, and technology.
Upon successful completion of the degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, the student can:
- Have medical knowledge and skills necessary for medical technologists
- Have knowledge and skills in related scientific fields for elucidating etiology of diseases
- Have the ability to adapt in solving health care problems specific to the community
- Have the ability to utilize medical knowledge and skills to be widely active in the medical or health-related field
- Have the communication skills and cooperativeness required of those in the medical field
- Have the language skills required of medical professionals in the globalization era and the ability to collect and disseminate information using information technology
- Know the views and culture as a member of society and a leader in the medical field